Today’s weather, literally out the window
Days like today when the skies are stormy, the temperature is chilled, and the rainclouds just won’t wander away, are a rare occurrence here in the Turks and Caicos Islands. But what does one do when paradise looks pale? Here are a few suggestions you hopefully won’t have the time to tackle entirely before the sun resumes shining:
1. Sleep in! Without bright rays flooding your windows your more likely to catch some extra zzzzz’s. If your like me and your body just can’t comprehend that command, try reading a while. Could be a great time to get to that book you brought or informed by local magazines about the people, the places, or just about anything your inquiring mind may want to know about the islands. Not inspired by any literature at your hotel or villa? Stop by the Unicorn Bookstore for something you fancy.
2. Go for a leisurely breakfast, brunch, or lunch. There is awesome eating to be had everywhere on this island but finding great food under cover can be a bit more challenging. Bay Bistro, Fairways, and Pelican Bay are local favorites for breakfast where you can still enjoy the view even through a damp day. For lunch try the exotic; Yoshis for sensational sushi or Garam Masala for out of this world Indian cuisine (conveniently located in the Regent Village near plenty of shopping), or Lemon Cafe for mouthwatering Mediterranean. Each of these restaurants serves up cozy indoor ambiance as well as amazing food.
Anani Spa image via Vanity Fair
3. Spend some time at the spa. You don’t need sunshine to induce some serious rest and relaxation. Treat yourself at the Anani Spa at the Grace Bay Club, Exhale Spa at the Gansevoort, or if you prefer to stay exactly where you are call Spa Tropique and they will send someone to you!
4. If active is more your vacation style, lace up your sneakers and make your way to the Graceway Sports Centre where you can play some hoops, lift weights, or try spinning or a Tae-Bo class. The Athletic Club at the Saltmills Plaza offers a wide range of activities to elevate your heart rate; Zumba, Core, Step, Bootcamp, Body Sculpt, and Yoga by local legend David Bowen. Studio 90 degrees motto “retrain, restore, refine” offers pilates private or group sessions.
5. Pamper a potcake! Potcake Place is the place to go for a quick cuddle with an adorable potcake pup. Learn about these incredible dogs and find out why they have over 4,000 fans, including Lenny Kravitz!
Image via collegecandy
6. Catch a movie at the Digicel Cinema. Check out enews for the current features and time schedules.
Seven Restaurant image via oyster
7. Wine and Dine! Great places for dinner and/or drinks that won’t leave you drenched; Parallel 23 at the Regent Palms, Seven at the Seven Stars, Opus, Coyaba, Bella Luna, Vino Tiempo Wine Bar, or any of the lunch recommendations above.
Image via Rainy Days & Mondays
8. Late Night Party Places; Danny Buoys Irish Pub, Jimmys Dive Bar, or Casablanca